Sunday, August 29, 2010

Off and Running

I should start out by saying I am not a rib person. Well, I wasn't. I didn't like gnawing away on bones like a dog or all that barbeque sauce that most ribs are drowning in - Side note: Does anyone recall Louis the Lifeguard who was happy to say he saved a drowning potato today? I am a very messy eater and I usually end up having more food on me than on my plate.

Anyway - my dislike for ribs changed about 2 months ago. My auntie wanted to compare the ribs at Stanford's to the ribs at Claim Jumpers. I didn't know what her fascination for these were until I decided to order some of the Northern Style Ribs off the PF Chang's happy hour menu. I took a bite and a light bulb went on - these are good! No sauce to contend with and a wonderful 5 Spice/Salt mixture that I get to put sweet and salty on my braised meat.


So now I'm on my own little quest to find the tastiest ribs in Oregon. I've actually started 2 months ago, and was doing my own personal rating, but some of my friends thought it would be a good idea to write it all down in a blog (go figure). So now I get to start over (oh darn) and I will try to include photos when I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment